The Level 2 instructor course is designed push you to the next level of your instructor training. Putting into practise the invaluable skills you developed at Level 1; you will focus on specific terrain training, advance group management skills and the importance of setting and reviewing goals.
Starting from £350 per week for training only
What should I know in advance?
To be able to apply for the Level 2 instructor course, you must be able to demonstrate you have achieved the following:
- All skills outlined in the Level 1 course criteria
- Completed and passed the Level 1 instructor qualification
- A minimum of 35 hours snowsport school experience – shadowing or teaching
What will I learn?
On the Level 2 instructor course you will be coached and assessed on the following disciplines:
- Your ability to complete technical skills. This includes the central theme, piste short and piste long with specific focus on variable, steep and bumpy terrain.
- Your ability to teach, understand and analyse the central theme as well as working beyond the central theme and understanding different learning models.
- Delivery, including communication and providing feedback. Understanding the importance of achieving goals and final reviews.
- Safety principles and people management in uncertain circumstances.
What will I need?
The Level 2 instructor course is a ten day programme completed in an outside, mountain environment. We would strongly suggest you are equipped with the following basic items:
- Strong, comfortable ski boots
- Warm, waterproof jacket
- Layered clothing
- Water and light snacks
Where can I find further information?
Further information regarding the Level 2 instructor course and other courses available can be found on the official BASI website.